Will a Fractional VP of Sales Help?
Find out With a Fast 10 Question Assessment
Onsite Sales Discovery
We assess how readily you can meet objectives, and provide written recommendations for improvement to increase your sales productivity.
Who We Help
Are You Experiencing Any of These Problems?
- Lack a defined “sales process”
- Inconsistently meet or beat sales projections
- “Stalled out” proposals are a common occurrence
- Frequent sales team turn-over
- Outsourced sales looks more attractive all the time
- No consistent communication or value proposition, solution and service
- No time to manage sales team
- Inefficient sales team structure
- No sales growth over time
- No ability to forecast realistic sales numbers
- No ability to create an aqppropriate and effective compensation plan
- Sales leaders don’t know how to coach and fine-tune performance
How We Help
Learn To Leverage A Fractional VP of Sales?
- Build your sales team structure and discipline BEFORE hiring a full-time VP of Sales
- Build your comprehensive sales foundation, presentation and process
- Hire and train your needed sales resources
- Develop appropriate and effective compensation plans for your team
- Track the right sales metrics, and develop accurate forecasting tools
- Create the kind of accountability that generates breakthrough results
- AFTER COMPLETING THESE STEPS… Now you can hire your full-time VP of Sales with confidence
Latest Articles and Insights
Meet the Founder of Lone Star Sales Consulting
Jim Hefty is the founder of Lone Star Sales Consulting in Texas, a sales consultancy focusing on sales excellence.
Before founding Lone Star, Jim spent 33 years in the high technology networking, storage and security markets for hardware, software and services sales. Jim’s deep experience has helped both established and startup companies with both large and private equity backed positions.
Contact Jim Hefty
What Our Clients Are Saying
“Executive sales leadership” comes to mind when I think about Jim Hefty. I’ve had the pleasure of knowing and working with Jim over the last ten years, as one of his direct reports as well as his peer. Under Jim’s leadership, I learned accountability and execution within an organized and measured sales process. Jim possesses a style of leadership necessary for scaling sales. No matter the product or service, I am impressed with Jim’s ability to lead sales teams with transparency, discipline, and structured process, many of which I still employ in my own practice today. I would highly recommend Jim to any organization considering him for an executive sales leadership role.
We met Jim through our Austin Vistage Chair and I am very fortunate to know Jim in his Outsourced VP of Sales role. Prior to engaging with Jim, VChain felt that we had, what we thought was a solid sales plan for a startup operation but we continued to face challenges with closing clients and deals slipping in the forecast. Jim joined us as our Fractional Sales VP and began working with us on our Sales Process and asking the tough questions about what stage we were in with each of the sales opportunities in our funnel. Jim immediately helped us strengthen our sales strategy and sales plan. In this effort, our sales activity went from engaging a few local clients to now engaging global clients quarter over quarter. I highly recommend Jim if you’re interested in growing and scaling your company sales capability and opportunity.
Latest Articles and Insights
Is Your Business Suffering Because of COVID-19?Don't carry the burden on your own. If the COVID-19 pandemic has greatly affected your company’s sales, you are not alone. As a veteran sales leader, I utilize my expertise to help companies in times of trouble by...
With a strong Q1 and Q2 in 2018, a lot of Small Business Owners and CEOs are already preparing for 2019. I've found that many of my clients struggle to find an objective way to analyze the alignment of their sales resources. Here is a Q3 Update Video that I've put...
Lone Star's own Jim Hefty was recently a guest on the podcast "A Time to Sell Your Company." What role does a solid sales infrastructure play in attracting a prospective buyer to a business? Jim discusses this and related topics in the podcast. Listen to the podcast...
Jim Hefty is the founder of Lone Star Sales Consulting in Texas, a sales consultancy focusing on sales excellence. Before founding Lone Star, Jim spent 33 years in the high technology networking, storage and security markets for hardware, software and services sales. Jim’s deep experience has helped both established and startup companies with both large and private equity backed positions.